Chief Executive Officer of Smart Ideas Media Organization
Mr. Yahya Omar was born in the Syrian city of Aleppo on 2 January 1976; he received a bachelor’s degree in business management from Zarqa University in 1998 and has three children.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
Mr. Yahya has a rich career for he has held several administrative positions during his professional life in the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf region.
Most of his work had focused on media relations and the organization of various types of events until he reached the point where he managed to establish Smart Ideas Media Organization in 2003. It is important to mention that this establishment has played a fundamental role in launching various projects and initiatives in a number of countries. Mr. Yahya has occupied different executive positions including:
- Founder and Foundation CEO of Smart Ideas Foundation for Events Organizing from 2003 to the present.
- Editor-in-Chief of Smart Ideas Magazine (Al Afkar Al thakiyeh) from 2007 to the present.
- General Supervisor of Letter of Excellence Magazine (Resalet Al Tamayoz), issued by Dubai Government Excellence Program of the Executive Council of Dubai Government, from 2009 to the present.
- General Manager of Orientals for Artworks from 2007 to the present.
- Director General of Al Tawasul Printing and Publishing from 2012 to the present.
- General Supervisor of Quality Magazine (Al Jawdah), issued by the General Command of Abu Dhabi Police, from 2009 to 2011.
- Founder and General Director of Al Nokhbeh Establishment for Enhancement and Self Development from 2003 to 2010.
Mr. Yahya has supervised the implementation of a number of conferences and local, regional and international events; the most important of these are the following:
- Arab Family Award Operetta: “Our History is our Pride” in 2015.
- Al Owais Award for Innovation Operetta in 2015.
- Tharwat Watan in 2014.
- Contribution to the UAE’s winning of the Presidency of the Asian Paralympic Committee in 2014.
- Arab Family Award Operetta: “My Family; My Homeland” in 2014.
- A number of radio and television programs.
Supervisory Tasks and International Contributions:
- He travelled to different Arab and European countries as a researcher, lecturer, trainer and participant in various events.
- He trained a number of Arab characters from different countries and participated in supervising a number of researches and studies.
- He has a wide experience in proposing, managing and implementing different media events and initiatives.
- He has a wide experience in media publication and establishment of publishing houses.
- He has a wide experience in establishing, issuing and distributing magazines.
- He has the experience and knowledge of lunching different professional and technical exhibitions.
- He has a distinct experience in the preparation of media, marketing and public relations plans.
Mr. Yahia also has a wide Experience in the Following Training Programs:
- Dealing with Media Skills.
- Media Official Spokesman Preparation Program.
- Event Management and Organization.
Mr. Yahay has written the following:
- The Management of Media Organizations.
- The Management of Events and Conferences.
- Youth and Entrepreneurship.
- Arab Youth and the Challenges of the Age.